Billed as one of the largest book fairs in the world, the Miami Book Fair takes over the campus of Miami College downtown and hundreds of booksellers, authors and publishers present their best new and discounted books. For 4 years, AdventureTravelPress has been the first listing in the fair catalog and greets its fans with fantastic discounts on superb books in a choice of color or grayscale. See you there!
Travel to Exotic Cultures
By Jackie Chase
Travel writing can offer scenes of great buildings and landscapes or can introduce the reader to new friends from fascinating cultures. This anthology of stories about villagers living in 12 exotic cultures allows everyone to experience the wonders of our fascinating world both visually, through 321 images, and in a colorful narrative.
By sharing the trailblazing adventures of Jackie Chase, a Midwest housewife and mother of four, you can experience:
- The warmth of unexpected friendships and smiles half a world away from home
- Photo opportunities that capture extraordinary lifestyles or giggling children
- Rituals of life's passages like marriage, puberty, elaborate funeral processions, or holidays
- Memories of Moroccan bisteeya, a three-layer sweet pie in thin pastry, eaten with fingers
- Close observation of the daily lives of people in unfamiliar settings
- New perspectives on the practices of family customs in foreign lands
The journey with Jackie takes puts you behind her camera and lets you share her journal, away from the mundane habits and predictable schedules of everyday life. Like good fiction, there is adventure and surprise, but here, it's all true.
A Travelers' Handbook
By Jackie Chase
“How to Become an Escape Artist” A Travelers’ Handbook is the tool that could save any traveler from disappointing mistakes, lost opportunities, and financial loss. If you’ve ever dreamed of traipsing through wet jungles, anchoring your boat off hidden islands, or tossing coins into a magic fountain, get this book. A “road map” for travel, it contains tips and strategies based on practical travel experience in over a hundred countries. You will learn about:
- Strange or familiar cultures, gestures, food, and customs
- The how-to details on travel research as one of 192 sections packed with hints
- Ideas for applying the lessons from inspiring stories and cautionary tales
- Valuable pointers to prevent/cure health issues
- Dealing with loneliness, compromising with co-travelers, and other personal issues
- Ways to prepare as a senior, parent, single woman, or a cautious newbie
- Opening your life to the rich variety of options for the traveler
You can take a journey vicariously or, armed with the author’s invaluable advice, visit exotic cultures yourself. Jackie Chase has more than four decades of travel experience in and out of over one hundred countries. She has lived temporarily in remote villages with tribal people and offers several fascinating books in this photo-journalism series. Links to hard-to-find websites help subgroups of travelers looking to share cruise cabins or swap homes or find guides or uncover other rare resources. Handy lists of all kinds, advice to request multiple entry visas, and the joys of communication without words make this a true handbook for everyone.